Thursday, May 19, 2011

Coffee Pot Saga

The coffee pot we had has died (Monday). While I liked the coffee pot I really don't want the same kind again.













For the last couple of days we drug out an old one for a temporary solution.(Very bad coffee)...got to find something soon

While I am not a coffee snob I do appreciate good coffee.
I don't like Starbucks...tastes burnt to me.

I prefer to brew my own.

So I started doing some research...since all I new was pour water in buy good coffee and voila!

What makes a good cup of coffee?
  • Water temperature is key here - you want it between 195F-204F for optimal extraction.
  • Good Coffee - order online ~the stuff in the store is a couple of weeks old
  • Use filtered water
 

What does Consumer Research Recommend?
Consumer Research Top 4 Coffee Maker Recommendations

Cuisinart Brew Central 

Mr. Coffee
Technivorm


Zojirushi



What does Facebook friends recommend?
Bunn
Keurig

What am I looking for?
I don't want one of those make a cup at a time.
I don't want a ginormous machine to take up the whole counter.

I want simple.

So after doing my research I had decided to become a coffee geek and go with a french coffee press. 
For me this involved buying a coffee press and an electric water kettle.


The more I thought about it this would not work with my morning schedule of coming down stairs and have coffee waiting.  I don't know that I could deal with all the steps to make the coffee in a press....but I do want to try it some day.

SO
Took my Facebook friends recommendation and headed to the Target this morning and purchased a Bunn.

Since it has a water tank in the back the water comes out at 200 degrees (optimum temp for brewing).
Also the way the Bunn sprays water over the grounds is for optimum flavor.



No comments:

Post a Comment