Friday, January 14, 2011

Show and Tell Friday

Since 5 inches of snow in my part of the world pretty much shuts everything down I have been in the mood to sew.  I have two baby showers coming up so needed to put together a couple of baby quilts quickly.

I used some of the scrap material to work on my ruffle technique and jazz up a couple of towels I use for decoration in the kitchen.

See what you think.
Added ruffles to some cute kitchen towels.


Quilts - I used 1 charm pack "Giddy" and some wide ric rac.  The quilting was done on the machine to create the stipple affect.  My favorite part is washing them and pulling them out of the dryer.  I love the way they feel.




Linking over to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.

Angie

4 comments:

  1. The ruffles really did dress up those towels...good idea! The quilt is so sweet! I think you found the perfect way to spend a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice job! They look great and I'm sure the new mother will appreciate it. Thanks for sharing,

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruffles did add charm to the towels! look so girly and lovely!

    ReplyDelete